Employee Ownership
It was the original vision for Rincon to serve as a platform that enabled its employees to live the life they have always imagined for themselves. Part of this was to make Rincon an employee-owned company.
— Mike and Jason - Co-Founders

What exactly does Employee Owned Mean?

A company is employee-owned when it has significant and broad-based ownership by employees.

Significant means a sizeable portion of the business - at least 30%. Broad-based means access is open to everyone and concentration is limited.


How much of the company do Rincon Employees own?

Founders own 51%, while employees own 49%.

Image Image
NOTE: 51% of the Company is owned by Mike Bartling, with his hispanic heritage and his majority ownership, Rincon is a certified minority owned business. The remaining 49% of the Company’s shares are owned by the employees via an ESOP Trust.

Statistics on Employee Owned Companies

  • Employee-owners have nearly 2x the median wealth of non-employee-owners
  • Employee-owners have almost two years longer tenure
  • Sales growth in Employee Owned companies found to be 2.4%-3.5% higher than non-employee-owned companies
  • 35% of consumers say they're more likely to buy a product made by an EO company
  • Employee Owned companies are 75% less likely to go out of business
Sources: Bullet 1 & 2 Findings from a 2017 study by the National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO) based on data collected during the National Longitudinal Study. Data on ESOP plan values from NCEO analysis of Department of Labor 5500 data Bullet 3from Joseph Blasi, Douglas Kruse, and Dan Weltmann(2013), "Firm Survival and Performance in Privately-Held ESOP Companies,” Bullet 4 from original work by Certified EO available here. Bullet 5 from FidanKurtulusand Douglas Kruse (2017), How Did Employee Ownership Firms Weather the Last Two Recessions?

Learn More - Rincon EO and the EO Movement

Rincon is a pioneer in the Employee Owned movement. The Founders view employee ownership as one important part of a series of broad based initiatives to help close the income inequality gap in America and beyond. As a demonstration of our commitment to this movement we've joined the Certified EO association. Certified EO helps promote and propagate Employee Ownership across different business types and verticals. EO currently assists over 50 companies and 65,000 employee owners.

To learn more about EO visit: https://www.certifiedeo.com

Here a link to quick overview of what Employee Ownership looks like at Rincon. The vision, the values, the rights and responsibilities of our Employee Owners. Rincon Employee Ownership