Arris – Cherrypicker Application Platform – CAP-1000
Fill out this quick pricing request form and we will send you pricing immediately.
The ARRIS CherryPicker Application Platform (CAP-1000) is an advanced, IP-centric, high-density multiplexer designed to give video service providers unparalleled efficiency and flexibility in managing and localizing videostreams with full redundancy. The CAP-1000 is a highly-programmable device that can support evolving technical standards and emerging application needs through simple software upgrades, allowing customers to realize continuous returns on their initial capital investment.
The CAP-1000 performs three primary functions: grooming, rate shaping, and digital program insertion (DPI), for both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 streams. Additional features include program and multiplex redundancy, time stamping (dejitter), Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) creation, slate insertion, SCTE 18 Emergency Alert Signaling (EAS) switching, Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) audio leveling, Basic Interoperable Scrambling System (BISS) encryption/decryption, and advanced MUX 3.0 Enhanced Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) processing and filtering.
The advanced hardware design includes a passive chassis with field-replaceable (FRU)input/output (I/O) and processing cards, dual hot-swappable power supplies (AC, DC, mixed), dual hot-swappable speed- varying fan trays, optional ASI I/O cards (up to eight ports), and 1:1 and N:1 chassis redundancy options, all in a space- and power-saving 1RU enclosure.
- Inherits over 80 percent of the software from the Emmy® award-winning CherryPicker product line, which translates into interoperability and operational ease of use
- Software-based digital signal processing (DSP) technology enables ongoing feature development
- Process both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 concurrently in the same chassis, even within the same multiplex
- Up to 1.44 Gbps aggregate, video stream throughput in a small 1RU chassis
- Redundant, dual hot-swappable power supplies (can run on a single supply), dual hot-swappable speed varying fan trays, and FRU I/O and processing cards
- Offering both 1:1 and N:1 (max 4:1) modes, CPR provides advanced, high-performance hardware redundancy. Features include the use of virtual IP (VIP) addressing to keep DPI operational even during failover, and ability to customize both monitoring and failback operations. In 1:1 mode, failover times are less than 100 msec
- Support for both BISS encryption/send and decryption/receive applications
About Rincon Technology
Rincon has green market hardware on hand that you won’t find anywhere else. In addition to having a large quantity of on hand equipment, we are able offer savings at up to 90% off OEM list price, with quality that meets or exceeds OEM new. This unique availability, quality and pricing is driven by our scale and preferred relationships with the Tier 1 communication service providers and our private label solutions. If we don’t have what you need, we will find a way to get you what you need. In our most recent customer survey, our customers ranked our responsiveness in the top 1% of all their vendors.
Rincon is unique in the breadth of product categories that we support. We provide complete system solutions for new build-outs and individual components for growth and maintenance requirements. Our unique blend of new and used equipment helps our customers find the equipment that is right for them and saves them money.
NOTE: Rincon is NOT an authorized Arris partner and link above provided to assist learning about the platform and not to infer any formal relationship with Arris. The product provided is Green Market hardware that was originally purchased by a carrier or large service provider that Rincon is remarketing.